Saturday, March 10, 2012

Am I the only one that has lag problems with the Battlefield 3 beta?

Now I have an Asus G72X with 6GB of RAM intel Core 2 Duo processor and GeForce GTX 260M graphics card and i experience my gun and sight dissapearing, distorted sound, my teamates dissapeaaring, and slow to die when it states im dead. Is it my laptop or is it just the terrible Battlefield 3 serversAm I the only one that has lag problems with the Battlefield 3 beta?
I have a g71 with an identical card...its actually based on a a 8800GT rather than a true gtx260
However this architecture DOES meet minimum spec...560 is a recommended spec not minimum
The gtx260m has been reported to be choppy by a number of benchmark testers despite fps remaining in the mid 25 ish. There might be an issue with this card as lcards with lower spec and less vram (the gtx260m has 1gb) have lower fps but are less choppy.
Glad its not just me...
To other posters my asus g71 plays BC2 mp at 1080p 45fpsno probs so "you can't game on a laptop" is BS
but aging laptops can't hack it with BF3:(

Fraid to say save your pennies and get a desktop...700$ self build will get a decent amd quad 965BE HD6870 build...good for 50-60fps on high in the betaAm I the only one that has lag problems with the Battlefield 3 beta?
You might click "Configure filters" or whatever and then have it list the servers, and try connecting to one close to you. I did that yesterday because I was experiencing horrible lag. I think I was playing on a server in Argentina, because everyone was speaking Spanish or Portugese... Anyway, I also have a GTX 260, and guess what - it does not meet the minimum requirements for the game. An ATX 560 is the MINIMUM card they recommend! So I am shopping around for a card, and have posted several questions this evening trying to decide on one.
So, far away servers, unsupported graphics card.. and the fact that it is a Beta... I'm sure the answer lies in there somewhere.
Good luck!
P.S. Some of the video cards I am looking at, like HD6970, require a power supply that is more powerful than my current one.. so let's see... $400 for a video card, $50 for a power supply, $60 for Battlefield 3 when it comes out... $510? Remind me again why I haven't switched to Xbox?

Edit:
Oh man! The Beta is over! [withdrawal mode: ON!]Am I the only one that has lag problems with the Battlefield 3 beta?
Make sure you download the beta drivers available from Nvidia. Due to it being a beta graphical glitches should be expected. Laptops do not run games as well as an actual desktop computer would so there will always be slightly more problems. I do not suffer from any lag problems that you specify though.
  • mediterranean recipes
  • dragon age age 2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment